Wednesday, August 6, 2008

“Waiting” Continues ... to Make an Impact

In this week’s FIREPROOF eBlast, we shared John Waller’s thoughts about the movie. If you don’t know John Waller … well, you should! His debut album, The Blessing, includes a song called “While I’m Waiting.” This heartfelt cry plays an integral role in FIREPROOF. Here’s what John says about writing the song:

“Though it was written a couple of years before the movie, I believe ‘While I'm Waiting’ was given to me for the movie. I was on my 17th year of waiting for the Lord to fulfill a desire in my heart to have a platform for my music. It was painful and I asked the Lord to either fulfill it or kill it. I was sharing this frustration and aching in my heart with a friend. He suggested I write a song about it.

“I hung up the phone and started tinkering on my keyboard. I just sang the words that were in my heart: ‘I’m waiting, I’m waiting on you Lord and I am hopeful. …” I was done writing it 15 minutes later. It was maybe a month later I was signed to Provident Label Group thanks to Mark Hall and Mark Miller … well actually, thanks to a faithful God who is faithful and never late!

“Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am excited for the impact that the movie can have among our church married couples but I fear that the movie will not make it to Puerto Rico. Facing the Giants did not make it. Is there anything we can do to help bring it down here? Do you plan to have Spanish subtitles? There is a large Hispanic population in the States and here in PR that would be blessed by subtitles, not to mention the rest of Central and South America!

Fireproof Blog said...

While, unfortunately, FIREPROOF will not open in Puerto Rico, we will once again be able to make Spanish a big part of the DVD (as we did with Facing the Giants). When the DVD releases, it will either be dubbed in Spanish or it will have Spanish subtitles.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the info. Dubbing and subtitles would be great as some markets have different preferences. I pastor in a bilingual church in San Juan and subtitles would allow us to have joint showings. I believe this would be a typical case in a bilingual church in the States as well.

Jennifer said...

Our Church just had a special showing of the movie last night for our young adult department. It was an amazing movie!! We laughed, we cried. I can't wait for our friends and family to see it. Thank you for such an incredible movie!