Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DVD Release Date To Be Announced!

Major blockbusters, like the latest movies featuring an English spy or animated zoo animals, can earn scores of millions of dollars in one weekend. But FIREPROOF made a little box-office history of its own this weekend. Finishing No. 13 in its eighth weekend, FIREPROOF topped $30 million, becoming one of only six movies made with a budget of $500,000 or less to top that figure. Among the others: Benji and Napoleon Dynamite.

While the movie continues to open in new theaters and play in hundreds of holdovers, there comes a time when all movies have to leave the theater. While that time is still a few weeks away, the reality is that the most common question we’ve received in our Stories section and on the blog comments is: When is the movie coming to DVD?

We will have that answer later this week. And the best way to find out first is through the Provident Films eBlast … so be sure to sign up now. And then get ready to tell everyone about FIREPROOF coming to DVD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Congratulations on the big $ mark.

It doesn't even have a release date yet, but many people are already eager to prebuy it! :) I work at a Christian bookstore, and we're offering a prebuy on the film, and lots of our customers are very excited about it.

A. Palmeira said...

Hi, everybody! I'm Brasilian and I'm exciting to buy the DVD of fireproof. I can hardly wait to see it! God will do amazing things all over the world with movies like that. I'm sure it will take several months to arrive here in my country, perhaps years, that's why I would like to buy it as soon it gets in USA. I´ll be grateful if anyone can keep me informed, including what I have to do to buy it. God Bless you!!!!
Ps. Sorry about the mistakes that I made in writting in your language. :)