Monday, November 10, 2008

Kind Words

As the seventh weekend wrapped up, FIREPROOF was No. 14 in the box office and remained in the Top 10 for per-screen averages. Thanks!

We wanted to share with you excerpts from three recent blog reviews of the movie.

“It was constructive and thought-provoking; one of those rare movies that has the power not only to entertain but to affect change. I think every couple should see this movie.”
Jenny Harmon

“You will leave the theater as I did, wanting to love better, and thinking hard about what real, sacrificial love is.”
Cyndi Michener

“I can honestly say that it makes you stop and think about whether or not you are treating your spouse the way that you originally vowed to treat them. I definitely feel as though it is a movie for all married couples to see. I encourage all couples to see it and realize that you can always improve upon your marriage in one way or another.”
Lisa

How would your one- or two-sentence review of FIREPROOF read?

3 comments:

Jay McHue said...

I posted my review the day after seeing it. The two sentences I would pick out to share would be these:

Many of the scenes are difficult to watch, particularly if, like me, they remind you of low points in your own marriage, but there is always the silver lining of hope, love and, best of all, faith. There are some very touching moments as well as suspense, excitement and a lot of humor that is far, far more hilarious than any of the garbage-filled "romantic comedies" out of Hollywood.

Unknown said...

The opening night of the movie, we got a group of young adults together to see it. Married, dating, and single, it touched each of us in a different way. Thank you so much for your passion & fervency to see this message touch the lives of countless numbers in the USA, and also as it spreads to the world. I've seen it twice, and I continue to tell everyone I can about it(I have plans to go back again soon with my Grandma who has been married for over 50 years). Continue to ask for more with uninhibited faith & receive from the heart of our Daddy! May He pour more out on you, in you, and through you, and exceed your wildest expectations for His glory & His Kingdom! Amen!

Medina, TN said...

My husband and I had a date night tonight. We have had many people tell us about and as my husband and I have been going to counseling for nearly a month or so we knew we needed to go see this movie and boy, are we glad we did. My husband and I kept looking at each other throughout this movie going "uh huh" that is us! This movie touched us in a way that I can't explain. Divorce has become too easy in this day and time that we live in and our generation needs to put it to a stop! Kirk Cameron did an amazing job and my hat off to him for making it a movie that really touched my life as well as my marriage. Thank you for this movie..and after the movie we left and went to Book-A-Million and bought 2 copies...I had tried to buy it earlier but (The Love Dare) had been sold out..Thanks again!