Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Talking FIREPROOF

Kirk Cameron will be doing interviews on three nationally syndicated radio shows later this week. On Thursday, November 6, he will be on the Mike Gallagher Show at 11:45 a.m. EST. Later that day, he will be a guest on the Michael Reagen Show at 4:30 p.m. EST.

Then on Friday, Kirk will be on the Michael Medved Show at 4 p.m. EST. Be sure to listen in to hear Kirk’s thoughts on the impact that FIREPROOF is having all across our country!

While you’re waiting to hear Kirk, take a minute to read the review of the movie at Paul Loeffler’s blog. Here’s an excerpt:

“In the end, though, it was the message—and how it was communicated—that really made the movie amazing. This man was willing to fight for his marriage, even when he was losing. The tag line for the movie (used in an amazing way by Kirk Cameron’s character) is, ‘Never leave your partner behind.’ I still get something in my gut just thinking about it.

“It’s a movie that men will like because it’s about fighting for something bigger than ourselves, and dealing with those things as men, not with our emotions. Women will love this movie because it’s well balanced with emotional moments, and helping women deal with their emotions, and weed through the valid and not so valid ones. Neither the husband nor the wife are portrayed as the total villain, or the total victim. We see both sides of the pain, including the struggle of trying to fight when your heart isn’t in it, keeping us from making excuses.”

1 comment:

Grandparents Corner said...

My husband and I went to see the movie over the weekend. We are Christian couple in late 50's and our marriage is committed to each other, although after seeing the movie, I feel there is so much more we should be doing for each other. I haven't spoke to my husband about this, but I plan on doing so much more and hopefully he'll take notice. I'd also like for y'all to pray for my sister, "S". She is currently going through a divorce. Her husband went and filed hisself. He feels like all their problems are hers and he will not go to counseling but feels she should go herself, he is unwilling. She is going to go to counseling but for mental cruelty.They have no children. I'm going to suggest this movie to her and the book. Please pray for her and her husband. The papers haven't been filed or signed. I'll ask her today to go see the movie. I would take her but unfortunately I live 6 hours from her. I stand in prayer for her and her marriage. Thanks for listening and for your prayers.