- We believe in the mission of the producers, who are trying to influence the culture positively from a Christian perspective through mainstream media.
- Fireproof reaffirms the sacred institution of marriage in a culture plagued by divorce.
- The movie strongly advocates faith, family, and Christian values.
- It dramatically displays the power of forgiveness.
- The film is a product of Sherwood Pictures, a media ministry that grew out of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, whose goal is to reach the world for Christ.
- Fireproof presents God as the source of unconditional love.
- You can take the same 40-day challenge as Caleb does in Fireproof with The Love Dare.
- The profits from Sherwood's last film, Facing the Giants, were used to build a sports complex to serve the needs of youth in Albany, Georgia, and to show them the love of Christ in community.
- No matter where your marriage is, you can relate to the real-life struggles portrayed in this film.
- Fireproof reminds us that no situation is too desperate for God to redeem—that with God, all things are possible.
- Filmmakers Alex and Stephen Kendrick credit this film, and its focus on marriage, as being not just a good idea, but a God idea.
- Any movie that has in its credits a "prayer coordinator," you should see.
Monday, October 6, 2008
A Dozen Good Reasons to See FIREPROOF
We are delayed in sharing this, but our friends at ChristianBook.com recently let their customers know 12 reasons why they recommend FIREPROOF: